Friday, June 17, 2011

Stages

It has been so much fun watching as Benett tries to figure out how to be the big boy version of himself. Each day he discovers new things that he didn't know he could do.

He's developing so fast... part of me is excited to see the transformation. The other part of me is a bit sad that my little boy is getting so independent. He hasn't been a baby for a long time, and it's clear that he isn't a toddler anymore either... *sigh...

I've enjoyed each stage of the kids' development. I can say that now. When I was in the middle of some stages it wasn't so much fun. But looking back is always a treasure. It feels good to laugh about some things that were significantly less funny at the time.

I don't remember the potty training thing for Gavin being so easy. I know I didn't help that... we didn't have a strict routine. We were too laid back for a quick transition from diaper to undies. Part of that was my doing. At the time, we weren't expecting other children. So as crazy as it sounds, I didn't mind all of the diapers. I didn't necessarily want that to come to an end.

For Benett, the routine at the Center has made the transition much quicker. He's become quite independent about the potty. He can take care of most things on his own. (Although I like to be in the room to make sure that no funny business is going on... and because watching him try to put his undies back on is always good for a laugh.)

I think I'm being brave about this transition for Benett. I'm not so sure how I'll feel when it's Ellie's turn... I'm still content for her to be my baby, and when that ends... well... I'm not sure how I'll feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment