Friday, July 6, 2012

Vacation

I approach summer vacations with mixed emotions. The idea of going away for a few days is refreshing. I also just love seeing how excited the little people have become.

But at the same time, I miss home... almost as I'm leaving. I just know that the first tomato of the season will ripen while I'm away. I know the birds will eat their fill of berries. I know the dog will mope around waiting for his people to return.

Homesick or not, summer at the lake waits for no one. We'll have a great time. I know we'll swim from sun up until sun down. I know we'll laugh a lot. I know the little people will fall into their beds each night, a bit too late, but very contentedly.

When we return, it will feel great to slip between the sheets in our own beds. The dog will wag and dance at our feet. The second ripe tomato of the season will find it's way into my salad. And we'll look forward to next summer at the lake.

2 comments:

  1. I just got on your blog for the second time ever. I LOVE your entrees, they are so sweet and true. The best of luck being home with the kiddos! It's the hardest most rewarding job I've had yet!

    ReplyDelete