Thursday, June 16, 2011

Identity

Today I had several meetings, in a new office, with my new associates. It was fun. It was invigorating. It was an opportunity. It is an opportunity... an opportunity to reinvent myself.

In my head, this is not unlike going to college. There too, I had an opportunity to shed my identity and replace it with a new and improved version of myself.

Over the years in my current office setting and corporate culture, I've formed routines. Settled myself into a niche... with the environment, and my desire to survive in it, shaping me.

This new office presents new opportunities... to use what I've already learned about this industry that I'm involved in... lend those bits and pieces I've picked up along the way towards a new purpose... That's powerful stuff.

I'm feeling surprisingly at ease through all of this change and transition. It's all so new. Fresh. And that feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment