Monday, June 20, 2011

Giggle

She's 15 months old now, and each morning when we pluck Ellie from her crib it becomes more and more noticeable that she's a little less of a baby and more of a little girl.

That transformation is fun. That transformation is bittersweet. The little baby who used to fit perfectly in the bend of my arm is now a squirming 25 pound person with opinions and ideas. (Mostly about food.)


I love my little Elle. She is a sweet child who is so strikingly different from her brothers. It's amazing and fascinating to watch her... especially the way she nurtures and cares for her babies.

I'm just a little bit surprised that she's so nurturing and loving, and that she's not completely jaded. You see, her brother is a tormenter, who seems to revel in her dismay. I'm not sure how Ellie manages to squeeze out even the smallest giggle on some days. Benett just can't leave her be... I can't even tell you how many times I say to him, "Back OFF!" Or have to physically move him away from her and distract him with another activity.


If she is happily playing with something, he needs to have it.
If she is enjoying a drink out of her favorite pink sippy cup he steals it from her.
If she's dancing, he's pushing her.
If she's sitting, he's sitting on her.
It's. Never. Ending.

She puts up with it so well. I could learn a lesson in patience... although when backed into a corner, she screams at the top of her lungs... and let me tell you... that girl has got a healthy scream. Really. It's loud. Ear piercing. So much so, that it scared Benett to tears yesterday. And to tell you the truth, I wasn't the least big upset about that. Maybe he'll think twice the next time...

A little piece of advise for you, Benett... If there are two things you DO NOT want to mess around with... Karma and a little sister. Both will eventually catch up with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment