Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sigh

If you listen very carefully, you'll surely hear a small sound, not unlike a sigh. It's my feet and back thanking me for sitting.

Today was a whirlwind... the kind of day filled with purposeful work doing something that was not only satisfying but fun. We celebrated Sharon's retirement after teaching for 38 years. She is so very good at what she does, and spending 38 years doing it... well that's just plain something that deserves a party!

We had a great time. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves and were so good all day long. It was a long day, but they were in it for the long haul. They also provided some of the entertainment, which is always fun to watch. (Most of the time.)

So we're all partied out. My kitchen finally looks less like a disaster area and we can actually see the counter tops. Gavin even helped me do the dishes, what a treat! I washed, he dried. There is something camling about that rhythm. We chatted... all the while our hands busy. It was good.

I'm off to tuck myself into bed. It's going to feel good to sink in... who knows, maybe I'll even be able to keep my eyes open long enough to read a chapter... if not, that's okay too.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment