Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom

Mom, you've always meant so much to me. You've enriched my life... taught me so many things. You've set a powerful, wonderful example.

I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to raise the children with you as close and involved as you are. That is a gift for all of us... The kids don't understand how unique that situation is. I'm glad that they don't know a growing-up where visits are just for special occasions... but rather a part of everyday life.

You once said that to have children was to have your heart outside of your chest. I think I understand that now. My kids have changed me forever. But there is also another side on that coin... Being a mother means constant love and constantly being loved. You are a blessing and a gift... you are loved, constantly.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment