Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Terrain

Each day is a new adventure. Some days we're forced to cover some rough ground. For me, today was one of those days.

This morning, daycare called... they said Ellie had spots on her legs that looked like ringworm. (!Ringworm! Needless to say I was horrified.) I called the pediatrician. We made a trip to see her.

Seventy miles, an expensive co-pay and three-and-a-half hours later I was able to return Ellie to daycare and go back to work. It was not a parasite living on my daughter's legs... it is very dry skin... so in addition to the aforementioned expenses, we now have creams, salves and pastes to lube her up with several times a day.

Upon my return to the office, a fire was waiting to be extinguished. I did my best... but not all fires need to be completely extinguished. Sometimes it's okay for things to smolder... I'm okay with that.

When I got home Gavin & Monte rushed off to baseball practice. That left me outnumbered with the little ones for dinner theater. Some nights dinner feels more like a stand-up act than anything... they were a tough crowd...

After dinner I decided we needed some fresh air. Benett decided that meant I should pull him around in the wagon, while he 'drove' his 4-wheeler. (And I carried Ellie... it's not safe for her to ride so closely to her brother... he's a menace.) The fresh air didn't seem like such a good idea anymore, as I was huffing and puffing around the yard.... and did I mention that the 4-wheeler has buttons that when pushed say things like "Turning Left", "Turning Right", "I'm going to Win!" And Mr. Benett was yelling, "Faster Mama! Don't Stop! Keep Going!"

I'm pooped. Today the terrain was bumpy. Thankfully, not all days are like this... but it sure does feel good for this day to be drawing to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment