Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pickles

I'm going to call this picture, "Really mad because she wants to pretend to eat something that we know she won't like, but her big brothers are doing it so she should to."

Really rolls off the tongue, don't you think?

All of the heat and humidity that we've been experiencing is just the stuff our cucumbers needed to go from the puny little nubs that I photographed just last week... to the plumb green beauties the boys are holding above.

Although only two were ready to pick tonight, as is evident by the red-faced, unhappy child in the middle, I know a few more will be ready by the weekend. I'm so excited! (I know... being excited over veggies means I really need to get out more.) I'm excited because our plans for the weekend were going to consist of tending the garden, and now making dill pickles. If we're really ambitious, we may even make some refrigerator pickles as well.

In case you're wondering, after the thrill of having their pictures taken, the boys soon lost interest in the spiny little cukes... so Ellie got her chance to take a bite. She didn't get the memo about the 'pretending' part though.

She did not like the taste, but the drive to one-up her brothers was so great... she just had to take a nibble.

No comments:

Post a Comment