Sunday, July 17, 2011

Soaking

I had the fortunate opportunity to attend a retreat this weekend. The fact that I'm saying that this was an "opportunity" is, in and of itself, out of character.

Not only did I willingly attend (perhaps a bit grudgingly at first) but I actually took a lot away.
It was amazing to listen to the speaker talk about her faith... I wanted to soak up all of her messages and recall each word for word. But I couldn't take my eyes off of her to write anything down... Instead I relied on my little brain to take all of the inspiration and emotion and keep it tucked away to put into practice as I change my life.

I know after listening to Immaculee, that I can change my life. My kids are very important to me, but there is a better faith-filled way to live our lives. To not just walk though life knowing what we know and doing what we do... but instead stop and really see.. not with our eyes, but with our hearts. Stop to think about what we're saying. Stop to see what we teach when there are no words. Stop and forgive... and always love.

I have no illusions that it's going to be easy. There are always part of life that are difficult. But I've learned that it's okay. It's how we react, and the lessons that come out of the unintended teaching sessions make up who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment