Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shadow

On any given day, there are approximately 3,182 arguments /disagreements/fights/skirmishes at my house. Many times, the perpetrator is Mr. Benett.

He looks pretty innocuous, right? Well, he may be small, but he casts a large shadow. Benett has embraced the terrible two's and is going with it.

He unleashes the wrath of his two-year-old furry on his big brother. Most times Gavin is asking for it. But lately, Benett's been turning on little Ellie. Tonight I caught him just walking right into and over her, not unlike a steamroller. She fell down, began to cry, then do the silent cry and then do the drama-mama scream. (The drama-mama scream is part "ouch" and part tantrum. It was a new discovery for me as the mother of a girl... the boys never did anything like it.) I picked her up and she was soon happy and out of the fray.

After a couple of minutes Ellie wanted down, so she could play. Or so I thought... but as I think back, I'm convinced that the only reason she wanted me to pick her up was so that she could plot her revenge. Because as soon as I put her down she took a swipe at Benett as she walked past.

*Sigh*

I have a feeling that we're going to see a boom in the number of arguments/disagreements/fights/skirmishes in the not too distant future. Poor Benett... I think karma is about to catch up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment