Thursday, April 28, 2011

Earned

I've really been looking forward to getting back to 'normal' at work. Thus far that hasn't quite come to fruition. It will happen though. I guess it's just going to take a little bit longer. Things at home this week, although not quite as hectic as last week, are still unusually busy.

Gavin is on the mend. He is getting used to his cast, even though every task, no matter how small, is more difficult. He's even managed to turn his attitude around, which I'm ever so thankful for.

Benett had an appointment with the wonderful Dr. Knoeble today. We love her. She loves the little ones right back. He went to see her for the ridge on his head... it's been there since the day he was born... the result of a traumatic birth. (At least it was traumatic for me...) In addition to a thumbs-up check-up, she confirmed two things: 1.) Benett is cute and has extraordinarily long lashes. 2.) When Benett becomes a bald old man, he'll have a noticeably lumpy head. I can live with each diagnosis.

Ellie was up last night from about 3:00 - 4:00 AM. She just wanted to play. Apparently, it's true... girls just wanna have fun.

I feel like I've really earned this weekend. I'm looking forward to it being laid back. Quiet. I'm hoping it involves sleeping in too. Weekend mornings when everyone piled into our bed is a great thing for me. It seems to set the tone for the day. Just like this snapshot from Sunday morning. (Yes, Gavin is giving himself bunny ears.) These are the moments that really matter to me... those spent happily as a family, loving each other's company...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great picture!! You have beautiful children Megan!

    ReplyDelete