Thursday, March 17, 2011

Create

I picked up a new gadget the other day, and now I'm hooked on making iCord. Gavin's even gotten into the mix and has been helping make this knitted rope too.

When the rope is made, I've been knitting that into something else. I love the transformation of it all... yarn to cord to knit. To me, that's just cool. (I know, I know... my definition of 'cool' may need some examination.)

Even though an item may not be especially useful or even practical, the act of creating things is soothing for me. (What does one do with a knitted piece of cord anyway?) I think the kids are soothed as well when they become immersed in a creative activity. I would love to spend my days doing those kinds of things... but for now we get little bits of creating in at night, before bed. I think it's a great way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment