Saturday, March 5, 2011

Enough

I’ve had my fill of winter.
It's true, the top layer of snow is slowly melting and we can see that there is actually something other than more snow beneath it. That helps. But I’m tired of the bundling. I’m tired of the cold wind. I’m tired of the sand and grime that is tracked into the house every day.
Despite the fun that the boys had sledding today, I think they’re growing weary as well. Even their snow pants look tired.
Gavin's lost 4 pair of gloves this season. I think he's just tired of wearing them, so he takes them off and misplaces them. I can't say that I blame him. The winter dressing routine has lost its novelty.
As the days grow longer, our resolve does as well. The winter will give way to spring sooner or later. In the meantime, we'll continue to bundle up in our tired snow pants and drag sand and grit into the house. But in the spirit of springtime, I think we'll break out some short sleeve t-shirts for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment