Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Floating


I think a lot of things in life can be compared to floating in a pool. The more you struggle and tense, the less you float. The amount of stress in your body is directly related to floatability.

But relaxing in the water is not always an easy thing to do... especially when you don't know the depth of the pool. When the water is cold. When there are a bunch of other people splashing around you.

I'm trying to believe that I'm not out of my depth, trying to relax myself and let the water support me... warming me through and rejuvenating my spirit.

That's just life. Some things are certain, and other things are not. The trick is to enjoy the time that we have in the pool and just go with the flow.

Teaching that to the little people requires daily practice. More on my part, to lead by example, than on theirs. They have the beautiful ability to lean back, relax themselves and let the water and their doting parents support their bodies as they navigate the waters and those other splashing bodies.

I suppose at the end of the day, they have more to teach me, than I them, when it comes to floating.

No comments:

Post a Comment