Friday, March 18, 2011

Bravery

These flowers have me thinking of spring. I'm ready for the snow to be gone and things to start growing again. Mother Nature seems to be taking her sweet time though... we still have drifts in our yard... sigh...

Regardless of the lingering snow, the tulips are reminding me that soon my own flowers will start to send green shoots from the earth. There is something about spring flowers that makes them seem brave. They are so tender and fragile looking, yet they risk the frosty spring weather to be some of the first blooms in the garden.

What inspirational little fellows. Wish I were feeling brave, but the truth is that the tender flowers have me by a long shot these days. Maybe I'll get my gumption back when all the snow is gone and I won't have to worry about risking the frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment