Saturday, March 26, 2011

Climbing

We had a great time a the Children's Museum. It's filled with a variety of activities, but Gavin was most interested in climbing. He mentioned it as soon as we walked in. Those of us with aversions to high places... don't care for those kinds of things. But Gavin, was thrilled to give it a go.

He waited in line for 30 minutes. More patient than I've seen him in a long time. As he was waiting his turn, he'd glance at me, but wouldn't smile. Each time he looked at me, I tried to get him to crack a smile... but nothing. It finally dawned on me that he was too cool to smile at his mom. Gulp. Too cool! When did he grow up and get cool? Ugh.

It was more of the same as he was getting outfitted. No smile, Gavin was all business. He was a quick climber, and scampered nearly to the top, making it look so easy. I could tell he was proud of himself. I was too. It was great to see him put his all into it. To accomplish a goal. He needed that little confidence booster.

Benett and Ellie kept their feet on the floor (for the most part) today... they didn't climb a two-story wall, but instead contented themselves to play in the lock & dam display.

Mission 'Burn Energy' was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment