Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rescue

I guess when it boils down to it, we're all looking to be rescued from something. I think that's why fairy tales and the Prince in Shining Armor makes such an appealing figure. The character is strong, confidant and ready for battle... no matter how daunting the foe.

I don't like to think of it as 'battle' but my children are always trying to... well, let's say they're trying to 'express their points of view.' Sometimes that expression gets... loud. Sometimes there are tears. Sometimes tempers flare. It may not be 'battle' but they skirmish, that's for sure.

Ellie being the smallest and less experienced in point-of-view expression, is often in need of rescuing. I had no idea just how much, until we saw her trying to summon her prince... in a most dramatic fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment