Friday, December 30, 2011

Snow Globe

I'm not sure who is happier about today's snow, Monte and me, or the little ones. It's the pretty kind of snow too... the fluffy flakes that slowly drift to the earth. This is what it must feel like to be inside a snow globe.

It finally feels like it should this time of the year, so to celebrate, we decided to go for a little walk... which is never as idyllic as the scene unfolding in my minds eye... but it was nice to be outside nonetheless.

We still don't have a lot of snow, but it was enough to get the sled out. We walked to the round bales that Benett likes to climb in the summer. I think he must like the higher vantage point... for one small moment being the tallest.

Maybe my favorite part about being out in the cold air and snow is coming inside, to snuggle under a thick blanked and drink something warm. I'm liking my warm little spot in the living room... and I may not budge for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment