Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Calm

It could have been much worse. 

I know little ears are always listening... and that we need to be careful about what we say, because those little ears are connected to big brains... big brains that tend to soak up just about everything. (Except of course the stuff we need them to hear.)

What it all boils down to, is the fact that censoring is not easy. I'm not talking about the 'big' words... those are easy to not say... but the little phrases that just come out... those are a bit trickier.

So, it didn't surprise me yesterday when Ellie told me to, "Calm down." I wasn't particularly wound up when she said it... but I instantly became very aware of what I was doing. I was put on notice by a not-quite-two-year-old.

It could have been worse... it may still get worse... but until then, I'll be trying a little harder to A.) stay calmed down and B.) never use that phrase again.

No comments:

Post a Comment