Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quiet

For as easy as the words come sometimes, there are other moments where they flow much less freely. These days I find myself in a place where words don't flow.

I find myself in a place of denial... not wanting to face the fact that change is coming. It's so much easier to walk down that familiar path than it is to step out and into the weeds in search of something new.

That denial has kept my words at bay... kept those words cloistered in this quiet void. It's easier to be silent that to admit fear.

I've never been one of those people who can compartmentalize work. One of those people who can come home and leave that other part of life tucked away in a place that doesn't interfere. I'm just not wired that way... but I suppose it's also because for as long as I've known him, Monte and I have worked together.

Our entire life together, we've worked for the same company... seeing each other throughout the day... working together and helping each other... driving to work together... dropping off and picking up the little people together... we've never known a life where this wasn't the case.

On Friday all of that changes. We'll step off of that well groomed and familiar path, into the unknown. Life will go on. Life will be good. Life will be different. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

Life is always filled with firsts and lasts... the new path will eventually grow to be familiar and we'll step into a new kind of comfortable routine. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment