Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

The air feels about as crispy as the grass, signaling that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This year especially, I can feel in my heart a thankfulness that has substance and weight.

I'm thankful for the family that Monte and I have created with our little people. I'm thankful that our family is together. I'm thankful that our love for each other knows no limit and that we can tell each other that very thing. I'm thankful for all of the lovely people who fill our lives and make up the rest of our family... the family that God gave us and the family that we've chosen for ourselves...

Those things are really what matter, and with the end of an era looming, it brings them into very clear perspective... bolding their importance. Those things are gifts... gifts that should be treasured. All of the other pieces will fall into place, as long as we wrap protective arms around our gifts, holding them dear in our hearts.

With a thankful heart, I'm ready to leave my worries at the door, to consider another day. I'll settle into an easy, slowish pace to enjoy the holiday weekend... thankful and together.

No comments:

Post a Comment