Monday, November 14, 2011

Favorite

There is a new obsession at my house. Hot Wheels are all the rage. It seems to have come out of nowhere... but I like this new trend.

Gavin decided to spend his birthday money on a track and a set of cars. It was fun to see him weighing his options at the store. He finally settled on a double-loop track and set of what had to be 25 cars.

He was reluctant at first, but has since allowed Benett to take turns jumping the cars on his new track. We talk about sharing a lot, but in this regard I could understand where Gavin was coming from. Sharing a new toy is tough... letting someone drive your new car(s) knowing that they're going to crash... even tougher.

The boys have been spending the majority of their playtime with the cars... lining them up, racing, crashing, jumping, trading (forgetting to put them away) and all with relatively little discord. It is so much fun to see them so engrossed in play. Benett gets so absorbed that he hardly notices what's going on around him. I sat and watched him play for a bit on Saturday in complete amazement. He has quite the imagination.

Of course, the boys decided that the pink car should belong to me. I love that they think of sharing. And I have to say that pink is really growing on me. Gavin and I have decided that if I ever get a muscle car, it will be pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment