Thursday, November 3, 2011

Repeat

Ellie says "Mommy" about 2,873 times a day... consecutively. It doesn't matter what she's doing, or what I'm doing. She just repeats it over and over.

Each time she says it, I say "what" or "yes, honey" or "Ellie...?" or something... I look at her and acknowledge her each time. Sometimes, I just stop everything and stare at her... surely she can see by the look on my face that I'm wondering what she's up to... What's her response, you ask? Of course, it's "Mommy."

As I type this, I'm beginning to think she may be testing me, to see how long before I stop responding. (Or go into a "Mommy" comma.) What a funny little game... but she knows I'm mostly happy to play it with her.

I couldn't resist this picture. It was taken on one of our picnics this fall. She's the opposite of camouflage... bright and pink and full of vibrant color. Just like her personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment