Sunday, September 4, 2011

Terms

I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that my house may not be as neat and tidy as I'd like it to be, for the foreseeable future. The little people seem to delight in the game, "Follow Behind Mommy and Undo the [insert cleaning term here]."

Meal time is especially trying.

Could someone tell me why meal time has to be so messy? I can't think of one single meal that can be prepared, served, eaten and cleared away without a mess of epic proportions. We had carrot sticks as a snack two days ago... and even those were messy! How can that happen?

Today, I gave in. Cupcakes. They ate. They spilled. They tossed crumbs to and fro... I say "crumbs" but with the two little ones, it's more like chunks. Both Ell and Benett have this really bad habit of putting anything they don't want to eat (or look at) on the floor. It. Drives. Me. Crazy.

Sweet Gavin isn't so messy... he won't let a crumb get away. He gobbles everything on his plate most days and then plays 'Feed the Dog' in order to get Benett to feed him things from someone else's plate. Ugh.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. If you happen to stop by and notice that my house is a bit crumb-strewn, please just ignore it. I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment