Saturday, August 13, 2011

Traumatized

I was traumatized today.

I was minding my own business. Cleaning the chicken enclosure. (Quite diligently, I must say.)

And then it happened. Out of no where, one of the birds jumped on my back.

EEK!

I was very proud of myself, because I don't think I screamed. However, I can say with great certainty, that I've never stood up so quickly. And I must have done a little dance too, because after standing up I figured the bird would slide right off. (I was wearing a slippery wind-breaker.) Not so. I learned tonight that those little buggers can hold onto things quite well with those creepy chicken feet.

It gave me the heebie-jeebies.

If we were keeping score, it would be 1-0 in favor of the birds. It was unnerving

But on a considerably less spine-tingling note, I was also able to snap this picture of Ellie tonight... looking at the camera AND smiling no less! I'm sure this is a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment