Sunday, August 7, 2011

Picnic

Every other year, my Dad's side of the family has a get together that's affectionately called the Family Picnic. Some years the gathering is quite large, with cousins coming from near and far to enjoy each other's company.

Gavin seemed to have a great time. There were several boys his age, which was a good thing. It took them about 13 minutes be become shirtless. I'm not sure what it is with little boys and shirts... they must feel too encumbered by them... too restricted by them. Stripping them off is the only option.

The youngest attendee was my lovely cousin's daughter Dorothy. She is such a doll. I don't think she fussed once... quite a contrast to my three hooligans. Benett had a chance to love on his little cousin... tickling her toes and planting kisses on her. He just loves babies.

Miss Ellie was her usual self. Quiet (for the most part). Reserved. Serious. She has also been working on adding a new trick to her game, and that is mischievous. She's a natural. I should say, it comes natural, AND she's had a couple of really dedicated teachers. I'll let you guess who those might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment