Monday, January 14, 2013

Red

I'm not sure where I saw it, but last week I spied a map of the US with states colored red where the flu was in full damaging force. For the last several days, my house has been colored red, as a few of us lucky residents battle the bug in some way, shape or form. Those of us with the most robust immune systems (aka: those who eat things off the floor on a regular basis, aka: Benett and Ellie) have thankfully been spared... so far... *knocking on wood.*

Poor Gavin is struggling the most. He spent most of the weekend as a much subdued version of himself... contenting himself to quiet activities, much of the time snuggled under a warm blanket. Today, he woke with a fever that has yet to break. He's taking fluids. He's resting his body. He's resting his mind. He's eating little nibbles now and then... I hope it's just a matter of time before he's back to his full and rambunctious self.

I miss the exuberant, if bleary-eyed, child pictured above. Hopefully, we'll be able to kick this bug and get back our noisy normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment