Sunday, January 6, 2013

Promise

Although the holidays were wonderful, it's nice to get back to a more relaxed pace... a pace that doesn't involve back to back plans and commitments. For that reason, I was looking forward to these past few days.

Even though we're relishing our laid-back style this weekend, I've been making some mental plans. Maybe it's the newness of 2013 or the barren winter landscape, or a combination of the two... but it's got me thinking about the things I'd like to be included in the new year. Not resolutions, but more of a plan to make the year meaningful; filled with memories, new skills learned, time spent with loved ones.

The challenge is not making those plans, that seems to be the easy part. The challenge becomes keeping the vision and the plans alive. Not letting the hustle and bustle of life get in the way, and keeping the promises made to myself.

I should probably be writing down my list of things to do in 2013, but I haven't done that yet. Even though I love lists, their contents can feel like chores to be done and checked as complete one after another. I don't want this year to feel that way... so I'll record things after they've been done, or as they're underway. Maybe that's cheating?

To get things started off right, Monte and I have already been scheming some plans for March. The details aren't finalized, but we're excited and think the little people will be too. I love these secret little plans... and I hope the new year can be filled with more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment