Monday, February 6, 2012

Adjusting

We're in the business of finding a new cadence. Establishing a new routine. Adjusting.

This little experience has taught me that if I am nothing else... I am a creature of habit, thriving on my routine. It's comforting. Having that comfort replaced with something new, even something seemingly simple, is cause for a bit of anxiety on my part.

I'll get used to it, but in the meantime, my anxiety seems to be a bit of a delight to the little people. They're adjusting right alongside me... yet they don't seem the least bit bothered by the bookends of our day. They're obviously much more malleable than I.

As we learn the steps in our new dance, Monte's focusing on his new work and I'm trying to take the lead in the mornings. Up until now, that had always been Monte's area of expertise. He's a great morning person. Me... not so much.

The worst part of mornings is that they carry on throughout the day. Somehow, an uncoordinated morning makes for a longer list of things to do in the evening. It was a brutal discovery when I realized that getting up earlier doesn't mean that more gets done...

So with that in mind, I'm off to set the stage for a successful Tuesday morning. With any luck, I'll get the hang of this thing and be back into a comfortable morning routine that includes being at the office on time, with coffee in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment