Thursday, February 16, 2012

Breath

I'm a lucky girl. I know that every day... although some days the luckiness is clearer than others. To prove how lucky I am, Monte came home with the loveliest flowers on Tuesday. He's so thoughtful.

I love the roses. The pretty pink color brought instant cheer to the kitchen. But I have to admit... more than those gorgeous roses, I love the babies breath. It always captures my attention and I find myself wanting a bouquet of just those small white flowers.

Maybe it's because those small white flowers play second fiddle, and I love them for looking so cheerful despite being filler. Those little white flowers remind me of the simple pleasures that can be found in our day-to-day, if we take the time to recognize them... like a chat with a friend or a warm drink on a cold day or a funny conversation... maybe not necessarily the things we remember to count in our blessings at night... but the simple pleasures are like these small white flowers, which become something so much more... much more than filler... when we stop to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment