Monday, August 13, 2012

Unders

This is a sight that just a few short weeks ago, I never thought I'd see; two little people wearing unders. Ellie has been doing a great job, for a two-year-old. Her brothers were no where near ready at her age. Some days I think she's not ready either... but we're just going for it. Regardless of whether they are or not, I'm so ready to be done with diapers.

It's funny to think back to when Gavin came home from the hospital and then a few years later, Benett, the tiny diapers were so cute. The soft and tiny things were a symbol of a new life and a growing family, as much as they were a necessity. I recall it being fun pick up the swaddlers at the store. Now, the thought of them makes me shiver. Four years of straight diapers will do that to a person.

So, there is a lot of bribery and a few accidents happening at our house. Ellie will sit on the potty anytime, when promised a small piece of gum or a skittle. Benett is very independent and so that helps Ellie... she's motivated by competition as well as treats. Accidents do happen... Benett won't say a word if he's a little late getting to the bathroom. Instead, I'll find a pair of unders hidden under the treadmill or in some other obscure location. (Ugh)While Ellie, on the other hand, will proudly proclaim, "I Pee'd!" (Always at the top of her lungs.) (We don't go out in public much.)

We do quite a bit of laundry around here. But when faced with a choice, I'm all for laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment