Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tiny

Last night we had so much going on, it was difficult to see what was right there before my eyes. Some days are like that, aren't they? So full of busy and worry that the real and important things become tiny... like viewing them from off in the distance.

My little Ell was so caught up in that chaos that she was forced to take matters into her own hands, and she put herself to bed.

That sweet little girl taking herself to her room, softly closing her door and crawling under her covers made me cry. I was so embroiled in everything else that was going on that I didn't see her. I was looking right at her, but didn't see her.

It's a difficult thing to be pulled in so many directions, but that is nothing compared to not being pulled at all. I want my kids to pull and cajole for as much as they need... not to be coddled, but getting my complete attention. Even when I'm pretending not to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment