Monday, October 17, 2011

Memory


It's moments like this one that I want to commit to memory. This photograph doesn't capture a major life event or even a milestone. It's just a day in our quiet life. A slow moment, just spent as a family... it's father and son... just being.

It's affection. Love, plain and simple.

This photograph and many more like it are the reason I started this journey, Megan Simply Said, a year ago.

All of the sudden I felt so compelled to put down my thoughts and connect them with the images that tell a story… to document who we are, where we've been and to catalog hopes and dreams... to keep a record of the lovely or funny or mundane. All of these things happen so fast and if we're not careful they all become forgotten, fading into the blur of life whizzing by.

Thank you for coming along for the ride. I'm excited about what the next year has in store and happy to be able to look back and remember where we've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment