Saturday, February 12, 2011

Planning

The snow is starting to melt. I'm ready for that. I think the children are as well. Even Benett, who normally will indiscriminately put snow directly into his mouth, has been exercising a little more caution. Everything is gritty. Sandy, wet... dirty.

I'm ready for 40 degree days. Melted snow. Green grass.

To get into the spirit, we looked through the Gurney's catalog today. Marked our choices, and made our plans for the garden. I can't wait for that box to arrive this week so we can begin sowing seeds.

I love the smell of peat pots. (I know, that sounds weird.) I will enjoy having tender little plants in the sunny East window. Something about seedlings makes a heavy heart light...

It will also be a present reminder that spring is on its way, and something new for Benett to try to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment