Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fences

What is it about the other side of the fence that is so appealing?

Lately I've been finding myself longing to be on the other side of my life's proverbial fence. Things look so much better over there.

I'm sure the view is different up close. I understand that things aren't always what they seem from afar... None the less, I find myself looking out towards the horizon. Dreaming new dreams. Dreams of greener grass.

Maybe it's the lack of grass altogether that's got me down. Perhaps the winter chill is leaving a frosty coating on more than just the window.

Sunlight, warm air and spring-time are powerful juju. So until I can feel the sun on my face and the warm spring breeze in my hair, I'll work harder to tend my garden on this side of the fence.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, you've got me addicted to your blog...and many others these days. Your words are inspiring and really make me reflect on my own life. Your photography is awesome. And your family is beautiful. Okay, enough fluffy stuff for today. Can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete