Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Quiet

A lovely neighbor shared her over-abundance of cucumbers with us, and so, we're in the pickle-making business today. The little people and I made a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up some of the ingredients. We'll stop by a local farm tonight to pick up the fresh dill that will round out our list of items.

I don't normally take all of the little people out with me. I know they're just like most children their size... but I'm a get in and get out kind of grocery shopper. That isn't conducive to shopping with children. Today however, we made a little adventure out of it. Ellie pushed one of those mini carts and Benett helped to load the groceries. They were all really pretty good, until it came time to put the cart back. Apparently, Ellie didn't understand how the whole thing worked and putting the cart back didn't really fit her plan. Grocery store clerks are some very understanding folks who must have child psychology training and a full goody bag. Tears were quickly quieted and the situation was averted with a treat; consisting of a sucker and a balloon... x3. I know I'll regret the balloons before the day is over... But I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

The magical time, known as Quiet Time here at my house, is upon us. All three little people are in their beds looking at books or (gasp) sleeping. This leaves me with a few moments to slice cukes, before all three little people realize that Quiet Time is a ruse and that being loud and awake is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment