Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Groove

This is so typical... everyone looking in a different direction.
This marks the third week that I've been at home, full time, with the little people. And although I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, I'm still unsettled about the change. It will take some time to get into a new groove, and I know that I need to give us more time to for that to happen... but... this is supposed to be natural, right? Raising little ones, teaching them about the world around them and their place in it; that's what being a mother is all about. It's so overwhelming, this important job of mine.

I want so much for my kids. I want them to learn as much as they can and that means being around other people and different experiences; things I can't always directly do for them. We stay busy with physical activities and reading and art and all kinds of things. But it doesn't seem like enough. Much to their chagrin, I don't let the little people watch TV any more than usual... which means Friday movie night is still a crowd-pleaser. I think that TV feels like cheating.

The other challenge that I have is that in this house I have two very distinct developmental groups. I haven't quite figured out how to keep Gavin challenged and engaged while keeping Benett and Ellie content and their needs met. Needless to say, my days are full to the brim and I'm so excited when I see Monte pulling up the drive in the evening.

Things are going to get better; more streamlined. I know it will happen... but until then, I may cheat a little bit and click on the tube every now and then to give myself a few minutes to catch my breath. Even if that is cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment