Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting Started

I've done my share of presentations. I've done them for small groups gathered around conference room tables. I've done them for large groups convened in ballrooms at conference centers. No matter the size of the group, I get wound up. I think that's good. It forces me to be thorough.

I have a talk to give in two weeks. (13 days to be precise.) Normally this wouldn't be a big deal. I have all of this week and part of next week to finalize my materials. Write my notes. Perfect my PowerPoint. But I have a severe case of writer's block. I can't seem to get myself started. I know the topics I want to discuss. But I can't get there.

It feels like being in the middle of the fog. I'm trying to see past it, but my light isn't bright enough.

I decided to give my mind a break and I chose not to work on the presentation this weekend. Let's hope that was a good decision and my little light shines brightly in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment