Friday, May 18, 2012

Small

Like this small dog, in a large open place, I feel like a tiny spec in the midst of a lush green place. In this place everything is growing wild and beautifully all around me, as I feel stalled and stagnant. Uninspired.

For the first time in a long time, I don't have a demanding profession. Not that I want that... I don't like coming home with the feeling that I've already given the best of myself to people who don't matter to my heart... but lately, I find myself missing some purpose.

In the peaks and valleys of life, I would call this time for me a bit of a valley. Nothing major. Just a change-induced newness; which takes some getting used to...

So this weekend, I'm going to give myself a pep-talk in hopes of becoming re-inspired. And even if that doesn't work, I'm not worried; I won't live in this valley forever... I'll always have three little people, and one big one, right there beside me... and those people make me feel like I'm soaring above the mountain tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment