Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fresh Snow

This morning we woke to the pristine white of the season's first snow. There is something magical, special about the snow when it falls for the first time. (Ask me how I feel about the snow in February. That feeling is decidedly different.)
The boys were so excited to get out and enjoy the winter wonderland. Especially Benett. He didn't want to come back in the house. He was having too much fun... not understanding that shoveling is considered 'work.'

So it begins. Bundling in to snow pants and boots. Wet mittens and soggy socks. Snuggling by the fireplace and cuddling under extra layers of bedding. Call me crazy, or at least guilty of romanticizing winter, but I love the change of season. The landscape is transformed into something new, yet familiar. I don't even mind all of the little puddles that form around the wet boots that were kicked off by the door.... yet. Ask me how I feel about those puddles in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment