Monday, December 3, 2012

Knitting

There is something about the chill in the Autumn air that makes me more eager to knit. I caught the bug early this season and started knitting up a few things... but that enthusiasm has tapered off. I had high hopes of knitting up a whole stack of things before Christmas, but that doesn't look to be in the cards.

In reality, there are a whole host of things that I pictured myself doing this fall and winter, but somehow none of that has come to pass. I may have slightly underestimated the amount of work it takes to stay home with little people. I'm not quite sure what I do each Monday and Friday... but I can tell you that I'm exhausted by the time everyone is tucked into bed. (And maybe even a little bit excited about going to work, so see and talk with adults...)

I can also say that my house is no where near as neat and tidy as I'd imagined it, in my idyllic little vision. But despite any of these things, I'm glad for this time with my kids. I'm appreciative of the opportunity to see a side of them that I didn't see before. And although I know this will come to an end at some point, I'm thankful for having had the chance to change my life, no matter how tired I am or how messy my house has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment