Thursday, November 1, 2012

Double

My kids are generally healthy little people. I'm very thankful for that. I've never had to deal with chronic ear infections... which some of my friends have suffered through with their children time and again. Actually in the ear infection department, we've had two total, between all three kids... until today.

It never really occurred to me that older children can get ear infections too. And that's the case. Poor Gavin has such a sore ear. He actually mentioned it last night, when I went down to check on him, before I turned in for the evening. When he said his ear was sore, I thought that maybe he just laid on it funny... never really giving it much thought, instead chalking it up to the excitement of the night. Perhaps a sugar induced ear ache...

But when he came up stairs in the early morning hours, fighting back the tears, I knew it was something that would require a trip to the doc's office. Yep... a double ear infection. So, in one day, we doubled our nine-year ear infection tally.

It's not really how we wanted to start off our November... but, Murphy's Law always prevails... so we'll just go with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment