Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bunches

I've always enjoyed keeping a garden. It's not unlike raising children... tending and caring for these little things that you hope will grow up into strong, productive and healthy adults. Some days I wish raising children were that easy... and that my bedding plants could teach the little people a thing or two about being quiet.

This year more than in the past, we're trying to make the most of our little garden. I'd really like it to be so much more than it is... my garden is not elaborate or organized or tidy, but it contributes to a portion of our diet. That is meaningful and a lesson I'd like the little people to understand. To know where their food comes from, even if it's only a small part.

One thing that we seem to have an abundance of this year, however, is lavender. The plants are full and beautiful... and they smell divine. I've dried a few bunches, a process that Benett enjoys helping to complete. Now that I have a small stock-pile, what should I do with it? I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment