Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Forget Me Not

The Minnesota weather this week belies the fact that it is indeed only November and Thanksgiving is only two days away. (My Christmas tree softly glowing in the next room doesn’t help either.) Despite the chilly weather and the excitement that the impending Christmas holiday brings, Thanksgiving is important and I am guilty of not giving it the space, the deserved attention, it is due.
I am thankful for much. I’m thankful for people. Chances are, if you’re reading this, you are one of the blessings that I have counted.
Life is not idyllic. It is real. I like real. My house is chaos most of the time. At any given time there is someone yelling. There are tears. There are crumbs and something sticky on the floor. There is laundry… (*sigh*) … so much laundry.
There is also laugher. There are sweet moments between siblings. There are kisses. There are hugs. There is love. I am thankful for all of these things, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment