Friday, September 7, 2012

Box

If it's wrong of me to love this new school-year routine, I don't want to be right.

Yes, we miss Gavin during the day... But he's having a blast at school. So, we do our thing all day long and wait for him to arrive in the afternoon.

The dynamic is so much different when it's just the three of us. Benett and Ellie are so good together when it's just the two of them. They're content to play and pretend or just sit in a box... as long as it's just the two of them.

When Gavin gets home, they'll be in a different state of mind. Less willing to share a box... more apt to bicker instead. Maybe they're trying to show their big brother what they're made of, in a 'don't mess with me' kind of way. Or maybe it's just the pre-supper bewitching hour that makes people in this house go berserk.

Either way, I'm enjoying today even though I don't fit into the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment