Monday, October 29, 2012

Excited

They have been asking several times a day, "When's Halloween?" It's safe to say that the little people are excited about their big night.

Even Elle is excited about the affair. She seems to have a better understanding of what it's all about... and more than anything, she wants to share that fun with her friends. Every time we talk about getting dressed up for tricks and treats, she asks if she'll be able to show her friends. I think she's more excited about having fun with her friends than she is about the candy.

Because she's two, and at an age where she can be fussy about what she wears, especially when it outside of the norm, I was concerned about her little get-up. But, much to my surprise, she's thrilled to wear her hat... so much so that we had a little drama tonight when it came time for bed... and removal of the hat. I guess that's better than the alternative, because without it the costume doesn't seem much like a costume.

Now, if you're thinking that she's looking pretty cute in her little hat, I'd agree. Wholeheartedly. If you also think that Benett in a similar hat would make them doubly cute, I'd again agree. Wholeheartedly. However, Benett was NOT on board with that plan. So, we're being flexible around here and costuming independently.

I guess that's okay... It's their night after all. Benett wasn't the only one being stubborn, Gavin didn't want a home made costume either. Apparently, it's so much cooler to buy one from the store. I guess that's okay... It's their night after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment