Sunday, February 28, 2016

Matey

They were on an adventure. They're usually having an adventure, but this time, there was a treasure map. They set out on a blanket boat, with tinker toy paddles and Teddy as first mate, in search of the great treasure box.

Their adventure took them past the giant terrifying fish and around another scary looking creature, into the boulder canyon. Judging by the delicate way they were holding their find, it was filled with precious items.

This went on for an hour and a half. I'm not sure how it started, but it looks like Benett engineered the scenario. Ellie always seems happy to play along. She sprinkles in details that are uniquely her own, like the pirate picnic they enjoyed, complete with tea and donuts.

I love the way they play. I'm always amazed at what they come up with and mesmerized by the details... I am thankful for lazy days with no where to be and nothing to do, but search for treasure. They found theirs on a map, me on the other hand, I find mine in my living room, floating along on a blanket boat, without a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment